Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Post #2

In Chapter 3, there is a paragraph about presentation graphics software. This paragraph really interested me because it reminds me a lot of Microsoft Powerpoint. It tells of all of the different things you can do in a presentation. You are able to put pictures, clip art, videos, audio files, etc. Unfortunately, it does not go into great detail about how to do all of these things, but I'm sure it is something we will learn in class. I did not know there was a "slide sorter" until reading this article. Another interesting fact is that presentation graphics software incorporates the same features that word processing software does, which to me means that mostly everything that Microsoft Word does Microsoft Powerpoint can do.

Since my last post, I learned how to use Microsoft Office 2007. I downloaded the trial version and played around with it until I got used to where all of the new stuff was. It is a lot easier to use than the old Microsoft Word. Everything is laid out for you in horizontal rows and sorted into groups. It was all very interesting to learn. I'm sure they will come out with another Microsoft Word, which I will have to learn, either before I graduate or before I begin my career.

I've been having problems with my computer lately. I am unable to access wireless internet inside classroom buildings around campus, but I can get wireless internet inside of my dorm room. I cannot figure out the problem. If anybody is really good with computers and would like to help me, either respond to this post or e-mail me at mcb06e@fsu.edu

No comments: