Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Chapter 2

In Chapter 2, there is a section called Internet Telephony on page 93. It talks about being able to call someone using the Internet. You talk into a microphone or a telephone hooked up to the computer. This was interesting to me because I had never heard of that before. I knew that you could hook up a microphone and use it to type in Microsoft Word and to talk on a Webcam, but I did not know you could use it as a telephone.
Since the last posting, I learned how to use all the features of the search engine Google. I used to just think that you could only search on the Web and for pictures. I found out about Google Video which is in partnership with YouTube to search videos on the Internet. I learned about Google Maps which was really cool. When you type in an address or city, you get an actual image of what you are looking for. I searched for my house, and I found an actual aerial image of my house and my neighbor's houses on my street. I also learned about Google Scholar, which lets you search articles from books and magazines online.
So far, this class has taught me a lot more than I thought I would learn. I came into this class thinking I knew many things about teachnology and computers. When in reality, I did not know how big the digital world was, and I really did not know that much about technology. There are so many things on the Internet that I did not know was there.

No comments: