Monday, April 14, 2008

Chapter 6

Chapter 6 is all about technology, digital media, and integrating it into the curriculum. In Chapter 6, there is a section called KWL charts. This stood out to me more than anything because I have never heard of it before. It is a chart that helps teachers know what students Know and Want to know. The teacher then fills in what the students will Learn. This is a simple way to set standards of curriculum in the classroom.
Since the last post, I have learned many more new topics about Microsoft Powerpoint 2007. I learned how to put navigation buttons on slides to automatically go from one slide to another with just a click of the button. It can be used for fun activities or even for quizzes for the students.
I have enjoyed this class, but unfortunately I do not believe that I am going to stick with Education anymore. I am taking EDF1005 and EME2040 to see if I want to become a teacher. I enjoyed the classes, but I realized that I do not want to become a teacher for my career. I think I am going to stick with Criminology.

No comments: